The Mobi-C® Cervical Disc:
- Is for adults age 21-67; the vertebrae must be mature.
- Takes the place of one or two damaged cervical discs next to each other (contiguous or adjacent) from levels C3-C7.
- Is for patients with arm pain and/or neurological symptoms such as weakness or numbness with or without neck pain. The damaged disc may be irritating the:
- Spinal cord (myelopathy) or nerve roots (radiculopathy). This can cause a loss of feeling, loss of movement, pain, weakness, or tingling down the arm and possibly into the hands.
- Disc damage needs to be proven by your doctor's review of your CT, MRI, or X-ray images. Images of the neck should show at least one of the following:
- Inner disc squeezing through the outer disc (herniated nucleus pulposus).
- Degeneration of the spine from wear and tear (spondylosis). There may be boney growth (osteophytes) on a vertebra.
- Loss of disc height compared to the levels above and below.
- Is for people who have not responded to non-surgical care. Patient should either have:
- Tried at least six weeks of other medical treatments such as physical therapy and medicine before having surgery; or
- Have signs or symptoms that their condition is getting worse even with other medical treatments.
Note: This content is for educational purposes only and does not replace a conversation with your doctor.